Do you receive an email that appears to come from EA about a FIFA Ultimate Team
promotion? When you click on the link in the email, go to what may seem like the FIFA Ultimate Team login page, and enter your login name and password. Two days later you discover all the gold players you’ve worked so hard for have disappeared.
Sound familiar? Hopefully not, as the person above was just phished. As most phishing websites look identical to the real thing, most Users don’t even realize they’ve been phished until it’s too late. Bellow you’ll find everything you need to know on how to keep your Ultimate Team account safe and avoid losing it to scams or phising links
WHAT IS “PHISHING”?
"Phishing" is the term used when an online scammer attempts to trick someone into giving up valuable information (like your login information and password) by landing on a fake website and entering in your account details.
HOW TO PROTECT YOUR FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM?
1. EA will NEVER ask you for your login information.
2. There are no exceptions to this rule. Even if you receive an email that looks like it’s coming from EA, if it asks for your login information it’s a scam.
FOUR SIMPLE RULES
1. Page tab lacks the Origin Logo
2. URL has a spelling wrong for "EA SPORT"
3. Moonfruit link
4. EA would never ask for your security answer. Also, password field does not hide your password
5. Links at the bottom of the page are not linkable.